Sometimes you need to do what’s easy. Working full time, blogging, mommy-ing, wifey-ing, all of these things combined can be a lot and occasionally I need a break. While I strive hard to provide my family with healthy well-rounded meals, there are days where I throw my hands in the air and say screw it. And on those days, I make my “Sorry I’m Not Sorry Pizza”. Originally posted to MamaHive, it’s basically the easiest thing to make of all time, and Little C loves it. Win, win, win. I’m learning to ease up on myself on the days when I just can’t get it together to do more than make this pizza. I have to remind myself not to be sorry, not to get down on myself or feel guilty, and that a little cheesy goodness never hurt anyone. So don’t feel bad on those days when you need a break. We all have them. In fact, I have LOTS of them. Just whip up this super duper easy pizza, repeat “Sorry I’m not sorry”, and then kick back and put your feet up. MUAH!
- 1 slice organic bread (this can be made with gluten-free bread as well!)
- 1 cup of your favorite organic marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded organic mozzarella
How to do it:
- Toast bread in toaster
- While bread is toasting, pour sauce into a microwave-safe container, and then top with cheese
- Heat for around 30 seconds, or until all the cheese is melted
- Pour sauce and cheese mixture onto toasted bread
- Slice into pizza “sticks”
- Serve and relax 🙂
FYI-I often warm up some frozen broccoli and give Little C that along with her pizza. I figure if she is getting some green veggies in along with her treat, I’m still winning.