Ahhhhh Super Bowl Sunday. The day where fitness goes out the window and everything from wings to nachos to party dips and pizza replace good intentions and New Year’s resolutions. To save you, your waistline, and your pride (because there is nothing worse than a food-regret-hangover the next day), I’m sharing one of my tried and true recipes for paleo chicken tacos just in time for game day! Not only are these tacos packed with protein and veggies, they are also super easy to make in bulk and look really pretty (perfect for impressing Super Bowl party guests). So put down the Lays, skip the 7-layer dip, and do yourself a favor by making these delicious tacos instead!
- 5-6 frozen chicken breasts (I prefer frozen)
- 1 large jar (24 oz.) of salsa verde (if you prefer a tomato-based salsa is great as well)
- 2 tomatos
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 white onion
- Head of romaine lettuce
How to Do it:
- Place frozen chicken breasts in crockpot
- Pour jar of salsa over chicken
- Cover and cook on low for ten hours. At 9 hours shred chicken with a fork and stir. Allow it to cook for the last hour.
- Wash and rinse romaine
- Allow chicken to cool some before spooning it onto the romaine “taco shells”
- Slice avocados and place on shredded chicken
- Top with chopped tomato, onion, and cilantro
- Finish off with more of your favorite salsa and enjoy! P.S. These are messy. Keep napkins on hand 🙂