First off, my apologies for not posting anything yesterday. With Little C sick with a fever going on five days, I was so worn out yesterday that once I got her down I CRASHED. Like, passed out. Done. Adios. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just get to your bed and go the f to sleep. So. While I felt badly and really wanted to have something up for you guys, it didn’t happen. Motherhood happened. Anyways! Onto these cookies.
My mom came into town recently and shared her recipe with me for these awesome gluten-free oatmeal cookies, and after adding a few tweaks of my own I feel like they are ready to share. These are toddler approved, with no white sugar, no gluten, and no dairy. YUM.
- 3 bananas
- 1 /14 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 3 tbs honey
- 3 cups oats
- 6 oz Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter for these but any nut butter will do)
- 1 cup raisins
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 35o F
- Mash bananas with a fork or beat until smooth
- Add coconut sugar, honey, and eggs, stir to combine
- Add vanilla and baking soda, stirring well
- Add peanut butter, stir, and then mix in oats, chocolate chips, and raisins. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet (preferably with coconut oil) and place a tbs of dough about 2 inches apart. You can obviously make bigger cookies if you so choose, these don’t expand much.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes until cookies start to lightly brown around the edges.
- Cool, eat, and enjoy!! FYI: this recipe makes a LOT of cookies, which is good because they disappear fast 🙂