Mrs. Winston’s Green Grocery is an amazing health food store near my work that has two other locations also on the West Side. Along with a killer salad bar and tons of vegan and gluten-free options and snacks, they have the freshest juice bar ever with all kinds of fun fruit and veggie combos. I love their ‘Green Vitamins’ juice (kale, spinach, apple, ginger, celery, and beets) but one of my other favorites is the ‘Energy’, an orange, carrot, and celery combo. I decided to try to recreate it myself so that I could a) share it with you guys and b) have it whenever I want! It was definitely a success, but I added ginger for some spice and parsley for some additional greens. Packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and vitamin k, this juice always gives me a natural boost of energy and gets me through the rest of my work day!
- 3 oranges
- 1 bag of carrots or 6 large carrots
- 1 bunch parsley
- ginger (to taste)
- 4 stalks celery
How to do it:
- Peel and slice oranges – I leave on some of the pith though because it contains nutrients
- Peel and chop ginger (add extra ginger for a super spicy digestion boosting cocktail)
- Rinse celery and parsley and cut celery into pieces
- Juice everything together and enjoy!