Last night at 8:37pm the sweet little lady turned three. Three years old. I still can’t even wrap my mind around the fact that I have a three year old and I’m desperately trying to figure out where the time went. Little C is growing into such an incredible little person, she amazes me on a daily basis with her humor, her capacity for love, and her patience. She brushes my hair out of my face with her little fingers and kisses my face and tells me she loves me. She puts her kitties to sleep under her blankets and makes friends with spiders. She is just too precious-when other kids cry she gets upset for them and tells me that they need their mommy and daddy. She is always thinking about the kids around her, and when someone is sad she walks over and pats them on the back and tells them “it’s ok!”. She is also quite confidant (and bossy) and spends a great deal of time telling both me and Big C what it is that she thinks we should be doing…or tells us to get in a line behind her when we are walking haha, but I hope that her confidence sticks with her…. I think that it will serve her well in life to be so comfortable in her own skin and so unafraid to do and be what she wants. When we asked her what she wanted for a present this year, this was her response:
- a tiny shark
- a dragon that roared
- a funny doll
- a pair of gloves
- a spiderman
- and a box to put them all in
How cute is that?? Big C and I couldn’t stop laughing. What child asks for gloves? What child living in Los Angeles where it’s 80 degrees year round asks for a pair of gloves for their birthday?? This is a prime example of why we love our bug so so so much.
Some milestones and updates:
- She loves macaroni and cheese, cottage cheese, string cheese, yogurt, strawberries, pancakes, eggs, chicken, and frozen peas. She also loves anything comprised of sugar.
- She loves to sing and actually has a decent ear because she is generally in tune. Her favorite songs aside from anything from Frozen of Jake and the Neverland Pirates is contemporary music like Tove Lo and Living Legends (kid has great taste).
- She is a master of the booty shake.
- She still does not have enough hair to put in a ponytail (sigh).
- She has been potty trained and sleeping through the night in her underwear for months which has been great. However, neither Big C nor I are allowed in the bathroom when she is going potty and if we are anywhere nearby she tells us firmly “GO AWAY”. Privacy…what three year old needs privacy??
- Her favorite shoes are a hideous pair of light-up sneakers she found at Carter’s, closely followed by her Minnetonka moccasins because they “look like Izzy’s boots” (this is a Jake and the Neverland Pirates reference, fyi).
- She often says “Ahoy mommy!” or “Oh coconuts”.
- She likes to be referred to as “Izzy Captain Chloe”.
- She is obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates (can you tell??) closely followed by Frozen.
- She sings the words to frozen as “Let it go, let it go, never holding it back anymore, let it go, let it go, I never did slam the door”. I like her freedom with lyrics.
- She loves chocolate almond milk and popsicles.
- Each morning when she wakes up she comes and lays in our bed to nurse and cuddle. It’s the best.
- Yes, she is still nursing. I know. At this rate she is going to try to take the boobies with her to college.
Since Big C had to go out of town on Sunday, we took the babe to Disneyland and got to capture a bunch of precious moments. Forgive me in advance for the copious amount of pictures, when it comes to Little C and the memories we make as a family there are just way too many amazing moments for me to choose from and I have a hard time narrowing them down. Plus I want to be able to look back on this blog with her someday and the more pictures the better.