One of the things that I miss the most living a paleo lifestyle is rice. I LOVE RICE. Specifically Spanish (aka Mexican) rice. You know the kind, orange color, delicious carby goodness….ring a bell? Well, I finally have the paleo low-carb answer to rice, and amazingly it’s made with cauliflower! I have seen several cauliflower rice recipes but wanted something that would taste similar to the Spanish rice that I miss, and came up with this deliciousness. We eat it with everything and anything, but a favorite of ours is a huevos rancheros inspired dish. We fry some eggs in coconut oil, and serve them with the rice, some fresh tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Protein, veggies, and delicious, what more do you need?
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
How to do it:
- Rough chop cauliflower
- Pulse cauliflower in chopper/processor to the consistency of rice-should be pretty finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbs. coconut oil over medium high heat in pan and pour cauliflower on top
- Stir cauliflower often to keep it cooking evenly
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt (you can add more spices-we go heavy on the cumin)
- Stir for around 10 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked through (taste it-it should no longer be crunchy)
- Serve and enjoy!
What do you like to pair your cauliflower rice with? I’m thinking of doing a Thai dish with it next…so stay tuned! Thanks for reading!