Little C is the pickiest eater of all time. Seriously. In fact, I’m not even sure that it’s pickiness per say as much as it is just a general lack of interest in 99% of all food. We literally have to resort to bribery to get her to eat; she has to be coaxed just to take more than two bites of most things. Maybe it’s because she is still nursing, but she has never been a good eater unless there is sugar involved. This girl LOVES anything sweet, so I’m constantly inventing healthy and naturally sweetened snacks that still have nutrients and vitamins for her to eat. This berry smoothie is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, and omega-3 fatty acids (thank you chia seeds). Super simple to whip up in a few minutes, Little C loves this smoothie and doesn’t notice the kale at all. The bonus? No added sugar-just the sweetness from the bananas and berries! This smoothie is great for us grown-up people too, and you can add a scoop of almond butter for extra protein!
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful blueberries
- 4 strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbs chia seeds (add more if you want)
- 1 1/2 cups plain almond milk (add more if smoothie is too thick)
How to do it:
- Wash fruits and kale, place in blender
- Break frozen banana into pieces and add
- Sprinkle with chia seeds
- Add almond milk, blend until desired consistency is reached
- Serve it up and enjoy! EASY!