While this isn't the typical greens-based juice that we make in our house, it's absolutely DELICIOUS. The tart, slight bitterness of the grapefruit combined with the super sweetness of the pineapple makes for a ridiculously awesome combo. And, as usual, there are tons of benefits:
Benefits of Grapefruit:
- Prevents arthritis
- Acts as an antiseptic
- Aids in lowering cholestorol
- Contains lycopene, a carotenoid pigment that prevents tumors and cancers protects against free radicals.
- Packed with vitamins A and C (great for flu and cold prevention!)
- Boosts liver function
- Improves digestion
- Great for giving you clear and radiant skin
Benefits of Pineapple:
- Full of protein-digesting enzymes that aid in digestion
- Full of vitamins and minerals necessary for optimum health (vitamin C, vitamin B, manganese, and more)
- Great source of calcium and phosphorous
- Encourages healthy bones and connective tissues
- Aids in arthritis relief
- Protects against free radicals and cancer-causing agents
- Offer protecting against macular degeneration
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 grapefruit (I used a Ruby Red)
- Ginger (optional)
How to do it:
- Peel grapefruit
- Clean pineapple, cut into slices. Don't worry about coring the pineapple, the juicer can extract from the core.
- If you plan to use ginger, peel it and chop.
- Juice and enjoy!! The ginger adds an awesome kick.
Thanks for reading! Muah <3