This cajun chicken and rainbow chard is a delicious and easy choice for dinner-packed with nutrients and protein, it doesn’t get any better (or healthier) than this! If you guys remember the post from last week about the ANDI scale, then you know that the chard in this recipe is a superfood bursting with phytochemicals, vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. My mom recently ran a marathon in New Orleans and brought back this awesome super authentic cajun seasoning, and I couldn’t wait to try it! Spicy and a tad sweet, the chicken really complements the lemony tang of the chard.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 bag or 2 large bunches of chard (rainbow is preferable)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs ghee
- cajun seasoning (recipe here)
How to do it:
- Warm 2 tbs coconut oil in large pan
- Add half of the chard unless the entire bag will fit. As the chard cooks down, add the other half
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, continue to sautee over medium heat
- When chard is cooked, squeeze juice of half of the lemon onto the chard and remove from heat
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Slice chicken breasts into two inch thick strips
- Warm 2 tbs ghee (clarified butter) in saucepan
- Season chicken breasts with cajun seasoning
- Lay chicken breasts in heated pan and cook turning every minute or so to ensure even cooking
- Once chicken breast is white and thoroughly cooked, turn off heat and serve!