A good hands-free pumping bra is a must if you are like me and spend your day in front of a computer typing or making phone calls. I didn’t like the ones that I saw online or tried on, and finally decided to make my own, which was easy, cheap, and SO much more functional! BONUS? These are soooooo much cheaper! Your generic hands-free bra runs about $35, while this homemade work of art is about $8.00…can’t beat that! So, here is how I did it:What you need:
- A relatively thin sports bra, I personally love the C9 by Champion line at Target because they are cheap and the material is fantastic.
- Permanent marker
- Your boobs. HAHA
- ^I realize I’m about 12 years old. No worries.
How you do it:
- Put on the sports bra, and use the permanent marker to indicate where your nips are.
- Using your flange, trace the thin end (the part that connects to the pumping bottles) so you know how large the holes need to be.
- Cut out the holes.
- VOILA! You are done. This pumping bra is awesome because you can wear it under a normal bra, so you don’t have to deal with constantly taking it on and off, and it’s tight enough around that you don’t have to worry about it falling down (one of the main issues I encountered with the nursing bras I came across).